Foster Care: Referral Directory
- Vicki Dennis - Interim Director
- Alexandria Coverson, M.Ed - Child Development Specialist
- Lori Creed, RN - Clinical Research Nurse Coordinator
- Miguel Cruz - Referral Coordinator
- Mary Pat Glazier, MSN, RN, CPNP - Nurse Practitioner
- Lily A. Iteld, PhD - Licensed Psychologist
- Anna Martel - New Patient Intake
- Sondra Perry - Practice Administrator
- Patricia Rittgers, RN - Nurse Coordinator
- Laura Rowley, MBA, MHSM - Clinical Research Coordinator
- Christina Villanueva, BSN, RN, CPN - Nurse Manager
- Sara Moore - Nurse Practitioner
Description of Services:ARCH Foster Care provides primary care for children birth to 18 years of age who live with relatives, foster parents, or in a group home. Additional services include child behavior and development support, care coordination, and specialty referrals to address each child's special health care needs.
Procedures performed or problems diagnosed and treated:
The ARCH Foster Care is staffed by pediatric providers who are experienced in treating victims of abuse and neglect.
- Transition services for children and youth leaving foster care
- Care coordination with specialists, CPS, and other agencies
- New patient comprehensive assessments within 30 days of entering foster care
- Pre-adoption physical and developmental screenings
- Primary care medical services for children in foster care, including:
- Texas Health Steps Services
- Social support
Information for referral sources:
- Services are available for children in the custody of Child Protective Services
- Appointments are arranged by care givers of children in custody.
When calling for an appointment, please provide the following:
- Patient name and date of birth
- Name of CPS caseworker
- Date and reason for CPS custody
- Possible health concerns and immunization records
Why Children's Medical Center?
The ARCH Foster Care program at Children’s Medical Center is the only one in North Texas dedicated exclusively to providing primary medical care to children in foster care.
To schedule new or follow-up patient appointments for Dallas call 214-456-6500; to schedule new or follow-up patient appointments at Legacy call 972-730-KIDS (5437) or 469-303-4300.