REACH: Referral Directory
- Sondra Perry - Practice Administrator
- Sandra Arthur - RN, PNP
- Miguel Cruz - Referral Coordinator
- Tanya Gibson - Network Coordinator
- Mary Pat Glacier - RN, PNP
- Angelica Segura - MA
- Ann Shivley - LMSW
- Shirely Willis - Intake Coordinator
- Carmen Santos - Social Worker
Description of services:
The Referral and Evaluation of At Risk Children (REACH) Clinic provides the following services:
- Outpatient medical evaluations for child abuse diagnosis, prevention and treatment
- Inpatient and emergency room consultations in cases of suspected child abuse
- Services for child abuse diagnosis, prevention and treatment
- Networking with a variety of state and local agencies
- Social services, translation and child life support
- Medical follow-up
The Texas Family Code requires any person having cause to believe that a child's physical or mental health or welfare has been or may be adversely affected by abuse or neglect to report to the Department of Protective and Regulatory Services - Child Protective Services. Failure to report is a crime. Any person reporting in good faith is immune from liability, civil or criminal. To report a concern, call 1-800-252-5400.
Procedures performed or problems diagnosed and treated:
Evaluations are performed for the following concerns:
- Physical abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Non-organic failure to thrive
Information for referral sources:
- Appointments are available for children under 18 years of age who are suspected victims of offenses that occurred in Dallas County.
- Referrals must come from Dallas County Child Protective Services or police divisions in Dallas County.
- Physician-to-physician referrals (for diagnostic uncertainties) can be arranged after phone call. Families should be aware of child abuse concerns prior to REACH appointment.
Please provide the following when calling to schedule a patient for a diagnostic examination:
- Patient name and date of birth
- Physician clinical findings or symptoms which caused the patient to visit physician
- Reasons for concerns
Why Children's Medical Center?
- The Children's REACH program is the only clinic in Dallas County dedicated exclusively to caring for suspected victims of child abuse and neglect and the complex social issues surrounding the abused.
- REACH is vitally linked to area resources such as Dallas Children's Advocacy Center, Dallas Police Department, Child Protective Services and the District Attorney's Office.
- REACH offers quality medical care, experienced employees and a range of supportive services such as
child life, translation and social work.